Introduction about Phong Dien Nature ReservePhong Dien Nature Reserve was formed under Decision numbered 2979/QD-UB dated on November 13 2002 by Thua Thien Hue People's Committee. The Reserve is of 41,508.7 ha wide, consisting of 43 sub-regions. Its main goals are -to preserve natural resources, bio-diversity, population of rare fauna and flora, endangered species and endemic species in lowland forest of Central Vietnam, -maintain ecology value and upper erosion prevention of the rivers namely Bo, O Lau and My Chanh, and -develop socio-economic condition of citizen around the Reserve bound.
On August 29 2003, the People's Committee of Thua Thien Hue Province has delivered Decision numbered 2470/2003/QD-UB to regulate detail functions and responsibilities of Phong Dien Nature Reserve, as follow:
- Manage, preseve, build and develop natural and forest resources;
- Restore and preserve status quo of ecosystems, diversity of the forest in the Reserve bound.
- Collaborate with authorised to protect other resources, carry out methods for forest fire prevention, pesticide spray and preventing demaged actions to forest.
- Set up and carry out investment projects, make annually budget estimation for the Reserve's activities and mechanism for budget embursement as State's regulation.
- Organise international cooperation activities, following guideline of the authorised agency in the field.
- Set up and carry out activities and scientific research for the Reserve.
- Do services of scientific, cultural, social, eco-tourism research, following regulation by Laws.
- Making periodically report to higher rank.
- Do other assigments from higher rank.